Sunday 2 December 2012

Follow the Leader

Do you feel most comfortable being a leader, a follower, or a collaborator?

I prefer to be a leader. I know it sounds terribly arrogant of me, but I have no patience for being a follower, as usually I find the person I am following is not doing whatever it is properly. That is, unless I am in an unfamiliar situation -- then I am a total wallflower. I seem to be at the totally polar opposities -- either I want to be the person in charge, leading the group, or I want to be totally unseen in the background. I have a hardtime working in that middleground, where I am seen and heard, but not fully in charge. I need to find a way to work on that middleground area more, be less of the leader when it is not in the overall best interest (to let others lead, or to allow myself to learn), and to be less of a wallflower.


No comments:

Post a Comment