Monday 29 October 2012

This is a word document I found on my computer. I wrote it one day last spring, thinking I might start a book with it. But never progressed from that one instance of writing inspiration. I am going to use it as the basis for my blog. I had initially planned each of the topics below to be a chapter ... later on I will expand on each of them for a blog entry. They all have to do with stories of times when G-d has given me gifts, which at the time I did not realize or own up to.

 
One day I burned dinner badly. I have beenso frustrated lately, as I approach the third moth off work after hitting myhead slipping in the shower. As I was crying, I heard G-d saying to me. 

I gave you a gift

I have since reflected on these simplewords. And how they can be applied to many chapters of my life.

He has given me gifts I have squandered.Health. Money. Time.

He has given me the gifts of parents, 3adult children, and a husband of 25 years. Not all of these have been happytimes. My children are certainly a blessing, as is my husband. My parents –well they are what made me what I am, genetically and historically.

Many experiences I have had over the yearsI have come to realize later on were a well wrapped gift. It was just hard tosee at the time.

 

The Gift of a Car Accident

The Gift for the Child of a Migrant Worker(acceptance of change)

The Gift of Love (the blue dress)

The gift of the tempo

The gift of the camry

The gift of blindness

The gift of a failed friendship (Julialeading to Judaism)

The Gift of a Child (multiple miscarriages)AMEN labour medications – payback from dad

The gift of healing (kindey)

The Gift of Rabbits

The Gift of the White Van (Virginia’sStory)

The Gift of Warmth (getting the gas money)

The Gift of the Passing Cruise Workers

The Gift of Food Hampers

The Gift of Disability (Torah Study forWarren)

No comments:

Post a Comment